Thursday, January 26, 2012

More Museum Pictures

Ellis has a new game this week: pulling her eye patch off. It's as if she woke up Monday morning and just decided that her primary goal from now on would be to keep anything from coming near her eye. Each time she removes it I replace it, usually with a new, sticky one, so this game might get expensive pretty quickly. I am trying to keep her distracted and give those hands plenty of things to do, but she has figured out my tricks. Each time I replace the patch she takes it as a personal insult. She has never thrown tantrums, but she gets very sad and sometimes cries. And then as soon as my hands are full with, say, preparing her next tube feed, she rips it off again. I am hoping this is just her testing her limits and once she realizes that the patch will always be replaced she will leave it alone. Maybe.
Other than that we have had a good week and have been able to get outside a bit, which Ellis always enjoys. Each time we go to the park she meets dogs, chases squirrels, and comes back with a new collection of leaves.

Here are some more happy pictures of Ellis at the Explorium last week. We look forward to our next visit!







No comments:

Post a Comment