This video is long, about three minutes. But I wanted to let you all hear how she can now sustain her vocal sounds, something she is not able to do without the valve. She loves hearing her own voice and experimenting with new noises. We thank God every day for small steps forward.
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Rocking the Valve
Ellis is doing a terrific job with her speaking valve! She can wear it for two whole hours now, on a good day. The more she wears it, the stronger her muscles will get and the closer we are to being done with the trach! Plus she loves hearing her own voice. Now that she is more used to it, I can sometimes let go of her hands without her pulling it off. (Sometimes.) So the other day I was able to grab the camera to share her progress with all of you.
This video is long, about three minutes. But I wanted to let you all hear how she can now sustain her vocal sounds, something she is not able to do without the valve. She loves hearing her own voice and experimenting with new noises. We thank God every day for small steps forward.
This video is long, about three minutes. But I wanted to let you all hear how she can now sustain her vocal sounds, something she is not able to do without the valve. She loves hearing her own voice and experimenting with new noises. We thank God every day for small steps forward.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aww that's the sweetest sound ever!
ReplyDelete