Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sign-A-Palooza

As promised, here is a video of Ellis doing some more of her signs. I will try to gather more as circumstances allow. This one was pretty easy because Ellis loves "reading" me books. Some others are requiring me to hide the camera in the bushes outside or chase her around the house resulting in some Blair Witch type footage. I'm working out the bugs in this process.

This video is long (almost 9 minutes) but she was on a roll and I didn't want to stop her. In it you will see 22 signs. She also says, "no," at the end but instead of the actual sign, lately she has been defaulting to a head shake. We know what she means so we are not pressing the issue. Also, for the ASL purists out there, I should note that the last couple of months she has been using "all done" and "bye bye" interchangeably. I think she figured out both will make something or someone go away. And her sign for "bear" has always been one-handed instead of two-handed, but it's consistent and she uses it appropriately. I give her a few breaks. She's only 20 months old. :0

Click on these words if you would like to see the ASL demonstrated.
In this video Ellis says: monkey, lion, food, baby, stars, music, dog, bear, write, all done (bye bye), mouse, rabbit, car, shoes, animal, hat, horse, fish, elephant, giraffe, ball, and candy.




More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment