This week we had so much fun at the Salato Center in Frankfort, which was just known as the game farm when I was Ellis's age. Thank you to our buddy Joe for taking us! Granny Janny got to come meet us, too. Ellis didn't know what to think of all the animals, trails, and displays. She spent the first five minutes just running around pointing at the (stuffed) animals and squealing.
 |
| This is the closest I have ever been to a live owl. Ellis says her, too. |
 |
| Lots of things to climb in and on. |
 |
| This very polite bear suggests you make donations. Ellis enjoyed helping him out. |
 |
| Feeding the geese at the game farm is one of my earliest memories. Perhaps it will be the same for Ellis. Perhaps they are even the same geese. ;) |
.JPG) |
| This one actually took it out of her hand and scared me to death because I was sure he had eaten her finger. I don't remember being scared of things like that when I was little. |
.JPG) |
| Eagle! |
.JPG) |
| Coyote! |
.JPG) |
| Bear! |
.JPG) |
| An even taller bear! |
A short, cute video of the day's adventures. We called the geese "ducks" because Ellis knows that sign.
In spite of all this daytime fun, Ellis has had some rough nights lately as she recovers from her surgery. It's only been a little over two weeks since her last procedures and she still has some minor swelling and stitches at the back of her throat. During the day she is distracted and seems back to normal, but our nights lately have been sleepless and cranky. We hope she will get some relief soon so we can all rest. The best news is that she is back to wearing her trach cap all day now, which makes trips like this possible and gives the muscles in her throat the exercise they need to get stronger.
So glad to see Ellis enjoying some new adventures! And I must say, her sun hat is just adorable! Let us know when you are heading up our way, we would love to catch up! -Tyler
ReplyDelete