It has been a busy day for Ellis. There has been a flurry of pre-op tests and medical staff checking in on things for surgery tomorrow. She has been tough and will surely amaze us all once again. This morning's visit was fun. A few times now she has opened her eyes for us and tracked us while we spoke to her. The nurses agree that she is pretty feisty. Her hands have been more active as she reaches for more and likes to stretch.
Jess has been enjoying the first day of being out of the hospital. We are still searching for the best balance between resting, healing, and visiting the baby. There is little warning as she runs out of energy and hits the wall, but we are learning how to plan around that and it will get better.
We are settling into the Ronald McDonald House. It is a great opportunity for us and a blessing that we have such a nice place to be. It is action packed and there is always something going on. Pretty nice digs. I am sitting in a commons area and enduring my first full episode of Sponge Bob Square Pants. Why do kids like this? I guess I've got the next few years to ponder on that one. I'm sure I only tortured my parents with awesome entertainment and it was easier for them...
Greg
No comments:
Post a Comment