Thursday, September 16, 2010
Trach Surgery
Ellis is recovering this afternoon from her tracheotomy and is resting comfortably. She is sedated right now and will be for the next day or so while everything begins to heal. Our nurse assures us that after today things will begin to get easier and she will start feeling a lot better. Ellis will have to be in the bed for five days and will be watched around the clock by her nurses because she has a "critical airway." After that we will be able to hold her again and she can resume her normal schedule of playing on the mat with toys and taking naps in our laps. This has been a very hard process for Greg and me, and today especially has been full of anxiety and dread. But we keep reminding ourselves that this trach will allow her to grow strong and overcome her problems much more quickly and she will finally have some relief from struggling to breathe all the time. We are thankful for all the prayers that have helped us so much. We are glad to be one step closer to home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have been thinking about Ellis and how strong she has been so far so hopefully that bodes well for her progress in getting past this temporary procedure. I hope I can see her cute face again soon! I know your presence and calmness comforts her.
ReplyDelete