Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ellis Is Seventeen Weeks Old!



Ellis had a great week. Except for getting a fever and some aches from her 4 month shots, she has been generally happy and perky this week. She continues to do very well at her physical therapy even though she doesn't enjoy it, and she has so much fun with her speech therapy that she thinks it's a game. Chewing on toys and tasting sweet things can't be all that bad. We are still working to teach her some baby sign language, and I think this week for the first time she has started to try to mimic the signs. I am not positive because a lot of the signs could be easily mistaken for her normal flailing about. But we will keep working with her and hoping she will pick it up soon. Her biggest challenge right now is still handing oral secretions, which equals a lot of extra work for us grownups and some discomfort for her, I'm sure. So we continue to pray that situation will get better so we can get her out and about more. I think it's a little better this week, but she still has a ways to go. We received some more really good news about some of the insurance struggles we have been having, so we are grateful for a little less to worry about.
Trying to get her to smile in pictures isn't easy. The little lady has to be in the mood.
Four generations





1 comment: