
I just can't get enough of our baby girl. Every day she feels a little better and is more interactive. She is totally off her pain medicine now, which is something I think most adults could not do considering the size of her incision. But she is tolerating everything like the little wonder woman she is, and we are so proud of her. She had another line removed a couple of days ago, which means that we can now give her nightly baths. Greg and I enjoy that more than she does, but afterwards she loves the drying and snuggling and sleeps better than ever.

Sometime this week Ellis will have a swallowing test, which will tell us more about what needs to be done with her feeding tube. We are praying that her damaged vocal cord doesn't prevent her from swallowing properly so that she can get rid of the feeding tube entirely. We are also still waiting for the surgeons to tell us when her drain line can come out, which will be one step closer to healing and going home.
Ellis had a great weekend visiting with her grandparents Robin and Ken, who both got to hold her for the first time. She loved all the attention!
Too much sweetness there! :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are going to keep her! Because if you weren't, I was going to try to crack their code pink security. (Just kidding)
ReplyDelete