Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ellis Is Six Weeks Old!

It seems like just yesterday to me, but it was six weeks ago exactly that Greg was driving me from the office to the hospital just to be on the safe side, since I had been having pain all day. Little did we know that a few hours later I would be having major surgery and Ellis would be born! I can't believe all that has happened in 6 short weeks and how drastically our lives have changed (for the better).
Ellis has had a good week and continues to recover from her little setbacks last week. She is breathing much better on her own now, but continues to struggle from time to time. Her doctors are doing a trial to see if she can tolerate milk in her stomach over the next few days, so I am pretty much sitting at her bedside staring at her around the clock in case she spits up. She is at risk of aspiration since her swallowing issues persist. I do let the nurses watch her from time to time. I am just a nervous mama. But Ellis has been playful and mostly in a good mood this week, and she seems to enjoy the stories we have been reading to her and the new toys her nurses have been bringing.
We continue to thank all of our friends and family for the prayers you have been lifting up. We know she is better because of them. We really hope and pray we are getting close to being able to bring her home, although no one here will give us a time frame just yet. Ellis is the most patient of us all.

2 comments:

  1. We are so happy Ellis is doing better every night Sam our 6 yr old when we say our prayers always sends up one for Baby Ellis he asks about her everyday. Our prayers are with you all.
    Danny Stephanie & Sam Spinks

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 3 of you are stronger than just about anyone I know. Take care of yourselves, Ellis has the best babysitters you'll ever have right now! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete