Monday, July 16, 2012

Birthday Pictures!

Things are getting back to normal around here, and Ellis felt well enough today to romp outside for a bit. Yea! So now to pick up where I left off before all the cooties hit the Hosfields.
For Ellis's birthday this year, we got together her little two-year-old buddies (I'm going to start calling them the 2crew) and one rockstar big sister and headed to the Newport Aquarium. It's one of the only times we have taken her somewhere so public, with hundreds of other children. And now that she's proven my germ paranoia isn't completely unfounded, perhaps next time we will pick somewhere just a little less...hands on. Regardless, Ellis and her buddies (and I hope their parents) had a great time meeting fish, sharks, turtles, birds, and penguins. She just pointed and squealed for two hours. It was the best.
Plotting their inevitable escape from the strollers

I think this is a picture of joy and excitement emanating from Ellis's insides

Adorable Robbie & mama Angela

Pensive Neko & daddy Lee





The amazing Owen & dad Michael

Ellis with Mighty Mike, a 20' crocodile. Eek. 

Ellis is telling us that the little alligator has his mouth wide open, ready to bite! 


I have no love for jellyfish, having been stung badly once. You stay right there in that glass case, you weird pile of glowing goo. 

The jellyfish furniture was funny, though. Michael, Owen, mama Tyler, Neko. 

Amy and I weren't trying to scare Ellis, I promise. Something about fingerpaints...

In the penguin house. Shhh...they are sleeping and we have to keep up the illusion that it's winter so they don't get confused. 

Pretty Beatrice giving some penguin kisses.

Owen loves penguins, too! 


Shark!

Shark!

Seriously, people, Shark!

1 comment:

  1. SO MUCH to say about this!! Happy 2nd Birthday, Sweet Baby Girl!! You are the joy of our lives and I miss seeing you more than you'll ever know. It looks like the aquarium was a blast! And don't let Mommy scare you and then blame it on some lame story about "fingerprints." *sheesh* Also, WOW Beatrice is walking! And Owen has the same crab onesie as Everett! Love it! Mama Brake has your birthday gift. If she hasn't already given it to you, let me know so I can get on her about it. Much love and birthday wishes, Ally, Neal and Everett xoxo

    ReplyDelete